- The Chile Pepper Institute is a project of New Mexico State University, a non-profit educational institution.
- All fundraising efforts are managed by the non-profit New Mexico State University Foundation.
The two major fundraising efforts of the Chile Pepper Institute are:
- A permanent chile pepper plant breeding endowed chair (Endowed Chairs – College of ACES), and
- A new facility to house education and research information for our publics.
Development Council Overview
Established in February 2009, the Development Council is a dynamic, well-positioned group of chile industry leaders. The primary purpose of the Council is to provide the leadership to create a permanent chile pepper research endowment and to establish a new, expanded Institute facility on the west-end of campus, featuring seminar and teaching rooms, a sustainable teaching and demonstration garden, and a state-of-the-art greenhouse.
Development Council members provide:
- A yearly sustaining donation of $2,500,
- Participation in annual Council meetings and the annual Chile Leaders’ Dinner,
- Facilitation of corporate sponsorships,
- Identification of three or more colleagues who have the financial capacity to support the Institute’s (ad)ventures, and
- Encouragement of chile aficionados to become Chile Pepper Institute members.
Interested in joining the Council? Contact Cindy G. Nicholson firstname.lastname@example.org or 575-646-4665.
Chile Pepper Institute Ad Hoc Members:
- Paul Bosland – Retired Chile Pepper Institute Director 1986-2019
- Cindy G. Nicholson – Director of Development – email@example.com — (575) 646-4665
- Wendy Hamilton – Media Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org – (575) 646-5284
- Danise Coon — Research Specialist – Chile Pepper Breeding Program — email@example.com — (575) 646-3661
- Miranda Cisneros –Program Specialist- Chile Pepper Institute– firstname.lastname@example.org — (575) 646-3028